What you should know
Bitmoji on Snapchat can’t be changed once created. But it can be deleted and recreated with a new gender.
- Tap the “Profile pic” on the home screen.
- Tap “Settings” and then “Bitmoji“.
- Now tap “Unlink My Bitmoji” and tap “Remove“. Now the Bitmoji will be removed with the following option to create a new one.
- To continue, tap “Create My Avatar” on the following screen and select your desired gender.
For a more detailed guide with screenshots, continue reading below.
Bitmoji can be a great way to express your personality through a cute cartoon-like figure on Snapchat (or any other social media platform).
But sometimes, when you customize it, you might have accidentally selected the wrong gender. If that’s the case, here’s how to change Bitmoji gender on Snapchat (and the Bitmoji app)
There are two methods to change the Bitmoji gender, one is to change it within the Snapchat app and the other is to change using the Bitmoji app.
What is Bitmoji?
Bitmoji is a free, third-party app that lets you create and share custom emojis and stickers that look just like you. It is owned by the same company that owns Snapchat.
Bitmoji uses your selfies to create an AI-based character that looks like you with the option to edit it as per your liking. You can also start from scratch if you don’t prefer selfies.
Addinallly, can even create and add stickers to your Bitmoji, so they’re more expressive than ever!
The best part is that it gets integrated with most of the social media apps and keyboards.
With Snapchat, Bitmoji is built with the avatar creation tool to experience the real customization of the avatar. However, only avatar creation is possible with Snapchat’s Bitmoji and not sticker creation.
Related: What is Quick Add on Snapchat?
How to change the Bitmoji gender on Snapchat?
As I mentioned before, you can’t swap the gender of the current Bitmoji. Instead, you have to delete it completely and create a new one. To do that, you have to unlink it and create a new one.
- Open the Snapchat app and tap your “Profile pic” on the top left screen.
- On your profile page, tap “Settings” on the top right and then tap “Bitmoji“.
- On the following page, tap “Unlink My Bitmoji” and tap “Remove” on the following popup to confirm it.
- Once the Bitmoji is removed, you will automatically be asked to create a new one. Tap “Create new Avatar” and start the process of creating a new Bitmoji with the new gender.
How to change the Bitmoji gender on the Bitmoji app?
Just like Snapchat, you can’t change the gender of Bitmoji characters on the dedicated app too. However, you can delete and recreate a new one similar to Snapchat.
- Open the Bitmoji app (Download it on the app store or play store if you don’t have it installed).
- Log in with the Snapchat account. Once logged in, tap the “Settings” icon on the top right and tap “My data“.
- On the following page, tap “Reset Avatar” and then tap “OK” to confirm it.
- Once done, you will automatically be greeted with a page to select the new gender. Follow the next process to create a new avatar.
Frequently Asked Questions about changing the gender on Bitmoji.
Can you change your Bitmoji gender on Snapchat?
Currently, you can’t change your Bitmoji gender on Snapchat once created. Deleting and recreating the new Bitmoji is the only option.
How do you reset Bitmoji on Snapchat 2022?
Open the Snapchat app and go to Profile -> Settings -> Bitmoji. Tap “Unlink My Bitmoji” and tap then tap “Remove” to confirm it. Now you can create a new one.
Bitmoji is one of the best tools to customize your avatar in the most possible way. However, gender swapping is the one stop where people get stuck on Bitmoji.
This article must have answered your question on how to change the Bitmoji gender. To sum up, resetting the entire avatar is the only way to change the Bitmoji gender.
There are two methods to do it and both of them are included in this article to help you choose the most suitable and preferable one.