Minecraft multiplayer servers are a great way to get your friends together and play Minecraft. You can find the best Minecraft multiplayer servers on the web, but creating your own will have numerous amount of advantages over the servers that you don’t own.
But the problem is that most Minecraft servers come at a cost to create and it’s not an easy task to create a Minecraft server.
However, there are still companies that provide Minecraft servers for free. Minehut is one such company; it offers a server that performs adequately at no cost to you.
Unlike other games, which include a built-in option to create and host a multiplayer, Minecraft doesn’t provide it.
So having a multiplayer experience in Minecraft requires a few extra steps and help from 3rd party sites like Minehut.
In this article, I will be showing you a step-by-step guide on how to create a Minehut server for free.
Minehut server technical specification
Before we begin the guide, let’s see the technical specification of the free Minehut server.
- Max players supported – 10
- Max Plugins supported – Unlimited
- Max servers supported – 2
- Ram – 1 GB
- Ads – Yes
- Backup slots – 1
The free minehut server is equipped with 1GB of ram, can support up to 10 players at a time, and supports unlimited plugins. Moreover, you can run two servers simultaneously at a time on the free plan. One main disadvantage is that the dashboard is loaded with ads but that doesn’t interfere with the gaming experience since the game itself is not ad supported.
All of these come under the free plan and if you need more power, support for more players, and an ad-free experience, you can upgrade to a paid plan by purchasing the Minehut credits.
How to create a Minehut server
- Go to Minehut.com and create an account using the sign-in option. Make sure to verify your account with the link sent to your email ID.
- Once the account creation has been completed, log in to your account with the credentials.
- On your Minehut dashboard, click “Create New Server” and enter a name for it. Finally, click “Create”.
- After creating the server, you will be taken to its dashboard. The dashboard will have information about your server and its status. Click “Activate Server” next to it.
- It will take 30 seconds for the server to start. Once started, click “Continue” to access the server control. On the next server panel, you can customize your server as you like.
- Now, the free Minehut server has been successfully created, and you can access it through Minecraft.
In case you don’t know to join the server, launch the server and click “Multiplayer”. Then click “Add server” and enter the ID of your newly created server.
The server ID can be found on your server settings. It should be the name of your server followed “Minehut.gg”. The below picture will help you understand better.