What you should know
- To delete an IMVU account on the web: Go to the account deletion page (you can use this direct link) and enter your password. Then click “Continue”.
- To delete an IMVU account on iPhone: Go to the settings > delete account > delete your account and then tap “Next”, and enter your password. Finally, tap “delete” and then tap OK to confirm it.
For a detailed guide on how to delete an IMVU account, keep reading below.
IMVU is a social networking website that allows people to create 3D avatars and chat with other users in the virtual world.
Despite its features and popularity, some people might want to delete the IMVU account permanently. There are a number of reasons why someone might choose to delete their account. Some people can’t find friends, or it’s not really worth their time or anything else.
If you’re in for any of that reasons, here’s how to delete an IMVU account.
IMVU account can be deleted on the website and on Mobile. However, only iPhones and iOS devices have the option to delete the account within the app at present. Android devices don’t have such options.
How to delete an IMVU account on a computer?
Let’s see how to delete the account using the web portal. Before proceeding with the account deletion, you must log in to your account. There are no options on the settings page within the site that will take you to the deletion page. However, you can use the below-given link to access the same. That page will only work if you’re logged in (otherwise, it will ask you to log in and may redirect you to the homepage).
- Go to this link on your PC to open the account deletion page.
- Enter your password to confirm your account and click “Continue“.
- That’s it. Your IMVU account will be deleted immediately. You will also get an email regarding the deletion.
How to delete an IMVU account on iPhone?
Similar to the web portal, you can delete the IMVU account on mobile but only with iPhone. IMVU doesn’t provide an option to do the same on the Android app.
Let’s see how to do it.
- Open the IMVU app and tap “Settings”.
- Under “Account Settings“, tap “Delete Account”.
- Now, you will be asked to choose one option out of two to proceed with the process.
Deactivate your account – This will put your account in the temporary deletion stage and hide all your information from other IMVU users and stops you from logging into your account. But, you can reactivate it at any time within the time period of 30 days which reinstates all the information to its original state.
Delete your account – This will permanently remove your account from the IMVU server. There is no going back in this method.
- Select any of the options and tap “Next”. I suggest you go with the “Deactivate your account” option because if you change your mind, you can get back your account without any hurdles. And the account will automatically be deleted after 30-days. It’s just an option to go to your account within 30 days if you change your mind.
- Then enter your account credentials and tap “Next”.
- Then tap “Deactivate” or “Delete” depending on the option you choose before.
- Finally, Tap OK.
If you have 2-factor authentication enabled, you will be required to enter the code before deleting or deactivating your account.
How to reactivate the deleted account?
Once you delete your IMVU account on the PC, your account will be entered into the deactivated stage which means that your account is temporarily deactivated and eligible to be reinstated.
You will get an email regarding the deletion. Moreover, you will also get a link with the email to reactivate your account. The link will work only for the next 30 days from the date of account deletion.
Once the 30 days have passed, you won’t be able to recover your deleted account. However, as the IMVU states, you can contact support to help you regain access to your account even after the 30-day time period but that’s not guaranteed.
How to cancel a VIP IMVU subscription?
In some cases, you just want to cancel the VIP subscription without deleting your account.
For that, follow the steps below.
- Go to the IMVU website and log in with your credentials.
- Click your Profile Picture at the top right corner and then click “Settings”.
- On the menu bar, click “Subscriptions”. Under VIP membership, you will find your currently active membership.
- Click the horizontal dots next to the subscription and then click “Cancel VIP”.
- Open the “Play Store” app and tap “Payments & Subscriptions”.
- Then tap on Subscriptions and you will find all the subscribed services under one page.
- Find and tap “IMVU VIP subscription”.
- Finally, tap “Cancel subscription”.
- Open the “Settings” app and tap on your “Apple ID”.
- On the following page, tap “Subscriptions”. This will display all the subscriptions you have made through your iOS device.
- Find and tap “IMVU VIP subscription”.
- At last, tap Cancel Subscription”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on deleting the IMVU account
Can you permanently delete an IMVU account?
Yes, you can permanently delete an IMVU account. If you delete your account, your account will enter a 30-day temporary deletion, and then the account will be deleted permanently.
How to reactivate deleted IMVU account?
Once the account is deleted, you will get an email with a link to reactivate your account. However, the link only works for 30 days. After the time period, you can contact IMVU support to reactivate your account but it’s not guaranteed.
Was my IMVU account deleted?
To check if you’re account is deleted, go to the IMVU website and try to log in with your credentials. You will get an error stating that the username and password are wrong if your account is deleted.
What to Do if Your Account Has Been Disabled or Banned by IMVU
You can contact IMVU support to lift the ban. However, it’s not guaranteed that they will re-enable your account.
Does IMVU delete inactive accounts?
Yes, IMVU deletes inactive accounts. You will get an email mentioning the deletion and an option to reactivate it.
That’s it! This is how you can delete your IMVU account. You can either delete it on the web or from your iPhone. The process varies between both but doesn’t take you more than 2 minutes on either of the platforms.
Unfortunately, for Android users, you have to use the web portal to process the deletion since there is no option to do that within the app.
If you have any doubt, feel free to ask me in the comments down below.