What you should know
- You can’t delete or close your EA account by yourself.
- To delete it, you have to contact EA support to process the deletion.
- However, you can close the account by yourself created on mobile devices such as Android or iPhone.
For a detailed guide on how to delete EA account, keep reading below.
EA has a lot of popular AAA titles in the store and as you all know, to play those games, you will be required to create an account on EA.
And we do create it to experience the game. However, for some reason, you might want to delete the account completely to get rid of your identity from the EA altogether.
If you have searched all the options and settings but end up with no visible options to delete your account, you are not alone.
To help you with that, I will show you how to delete your EA account completely and get rid of your info from the EA database.
How to delete EA account?
As I mentioned before, there is no straightforward way to delete your EA account. The only method is to contact the EA and request them to remove it.
Here’s how to do it.
- On your computer, go to help.ea.com and log in to your account.
- Once logged in, click “Contact Us” on the top menu bar.
- On the following page, you can find a lot of EA games. Choose any one of them. To be more specific, you can choose the game you want to delete your account with such as Fifa 21 or 22 but it doesn’t really matter what you choose. You will end up getting the same options for all the games.
- Then select any one platform. For example, PC. Here too, It doesn’t really matter what you choose.
- In the next topic selection, select “Manage my account”.
- Then, you will be asked to select the issue. Choose “Delete my Account”.
- Finally, click “Select contact option”.
- You will be redirected to the contact form in which you have to fill in the details such as your first name, last name, subject, and the issue. Mention them as “You would like to delete your account”. At last, click “Email Us”.
That’s it. Within few hours, you will get an email from EA about the account deletion.
You might be interested in: 9 Best Tools For Gamers To Improve Their Gaming Experience.
How to delete EA account on mobile?
Deleting your EA account on mobile will work only for that game. For example, If you delete your account within Plants vs Zombies 2, the account for that game will be removed and deleted.
This is because while creating the account for Plants Vs Zombies 2, you will log in through Google or Apple depending on your device and there is no direct connection with EA.
To delete EA account on mobile, follow the below steps.
- Open the game, in our case, Plants vs Zombies 2.
- Tap “Settings”
- Then scroll all the way down and tap “Delete My Account”.
- On the following prompt, tap “Delete” to confirm the deletion.
Most EA games will follow a similar process with slightly different options. Another example is the NFS No limits. It has the option hidden under the “Cloud save management”.
Just dig through Gane settings and you will an option to delete your account.
How to regain or reinstate access to the deleted account?
Even though it is not guaranteed, you can regain access to your deleted account by simply resetting your password.
You can go to this link and enter your email to process the reset. Once you enter your email and captcha, you will get a reply email with a link to reset your password.
While resetting, you will gain access to your account.
How to cancel EA game subscription?
Canceling EA membership depends on the platform such as Origin, Steam, Playstation, Xbox, iPhone, or Android.
Let’s see them all.
How to cancel EA subscription on Origin?
- Go to the Origin website and log in with your credentials. On the left sidebar, hover your mouse over EA play to bring up further options.
- Then select “Manage My Membership”.
- Now, you can find an option to cancel your subscription. Click it and then click “Continue” to confirm it.
How to cancel EA subscription on Steam?
- On your steam dashboard, go to your profile in the top right corner and click “Account details“.
- On the following page, Click “Manage Subscriptions” and now, you can find all your subscriptions made through Steam.
- Find and click “edit” next to the “EA Play”.
- Then select “Cancel my subscription” and click “Apply”.
How to cancel EA subscription on Playstation?
- Go to the settings on your Playstation and then go to “Users and accounts”.
- Under accounts, select “Payments and subscriptions”.
- Now select “Subscriptions” and then select “EA play“.
- Finally, Turn off “Automatic subscription” at the bottom.
How to cancel EA subscription on Xbox?
- Open the service and subscriptions page on your Microsoft account. (You can use this direct link).
- Click “Manage” next to EA Play.
- Then click “Cancel Subscriptions”.
How to cancel EA subscription on iPhone?
- On the “Settings” app, tap your Apple ID.
- Then tap “Subscriptions” and you will find all the subscriptions made through your Apple ID.
- Find and tap the game you made the subscription through.
- Finally, tap “Cancel Subscription”.
How to cancel EA subscription on Android?
- Open the “Play Store” app and tap your account in the top right corner.
- Then tap “Payments & subscriptions”.
- On the following page, tap “Subscriptions”.
- Now, tap the game you made the subscription through and tap “Cancel Subscription”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about deleting an EA account.
How to delete a banned EA account?
To delete a banned EA account, you have to contact support regarding the issue. However, there is no guarantee that the EA will process the deletion.
How to uninstall EA download manager?
To uninstall the EA download manager, open the “Control panel” and click “Uninstall a program” under “Programs”. Search and click “EA download manager”. Then, click “Uninstall”.
How long does it take to delete an EA account?
When you delete your account, the deletion process will be put in the queue. Depending on the queue, the time will vary.
What happens if you delete your EA account?
Deleting your account removes your access to the EA game from all the devices logged into it and also, any subscriptions, entitlements, in-app purchases, and more on that account.
Moreover, your name and the posts you have made will be removed from the EA forums.