Deleting your Flipkart account is the best option if you are no longer interested in shopping on the site and want to move forward with a different brand or just completely lost interest in online shopping.
This article describes how to delete your Flipkart account and clarifies various queries regarding the deletion of your Flipkart account.
Just like other e-commerce, Flipkart offers an easy way to delete your account with a few simple steps. Remember that, you can always activate your Flipkart account if you want to.
You can either use the app or the web version to delete the account.
How to delete a Flipkart account?
Deleting a Flipkart account can be done either by using the web version or by the app. For your convenience, we will look into both.
How to delete a Flipkart account on the web
- Head over to flipkart.com and log in with your credentials
- Hover your mouse over your name on the top to bring the menu and click my profile.
- This will by default take you to the profile information screen. If not, on the left sidebar, click profile information under account settings.
- Click deactivate account
- Now enter the password and click confirm deletion.
How to delete a Flipkart account on the mobile using the Flipkart app?
- Open Flipkart app
- Tap account on the bottom bar
- Scroll all the way to the down and tap account settings.
- Now tap deactivate account
- Enter your credentials and tap confirm deletion.
What will happen when your account is deleted?
When you delete your Flipkart, the following things will be applied to your account.
- Your reviews and ratings are visible to the public but your profile won’t be accessible.
- Any public link you shared with the others such as your wishlist links will not be accessible by anyone.
- You will be logged out of all the devices you have currently logged in to.
- You will no longer receive any emails from Flipkart.
However, all your information will still be stored on the Flipkart server. This is to regain access to the account if you would like to reactivate it.
How to change the password of your Flipkart account?
In some cases, you might want to change the password of your Flipkart account without deleting it altogether, and here’s how.
- Open the Flipkart app
- Go to the account page and tap account settings
- Tap Change password
- Now Flipkart will send you an OTP to your registered phone number or email.
- Enter the new password and OTP
- Finally, tap Save to change the password.
Frequently asked questions
How to delete Flipkart order history?
Deleting order history on Flipkart is currently not possible. However, it might be temporarily hidden if you contact Flipkart but that’s not guaranteed.
Can you delete the Flipkart account permanently?
No, you can’t delete the Flipkart account permanently. Whenever an account is deleted, the data are still stored on the server and restored when the account is reactivated.
Can we transfer SuperCoins in Flipkart from one account to another?
Transferring or gifting Flipkart SuperCoins is not possible at the moment. Flipkart might add an option to it in the future but currently, it’s not possible.
Can we transfer the Flipkart gift card to another Flipkart account?
Flipkart gift cards can easily be transferred from one account to another. Head over to your Flipkart account page and tap my cards and wallets, under every gift card, there will be an option to transfer it to another user.
Closing down a Flipkart account is very simple. Just follow the above steps and you will get your account deleted in no time. Remember that you can always reactivate your Flipkart account which will bring all your data back into the account.
Before deleting your account, make sure to clear all your pay later dues if any.