What you should know
- You can not directly hide your Snapchat score from your friends but you can remove them from your friend lists to prevent them from seeing your scores. Moreover, you can hide your Snapchat scores from strangers or unknown people.
- To hide them from strangers, go to your Profile > Settings > Contact Me and select “Friends“. By changing this setting, you only allow your friends to view your complete profile (including the Snapchat score) and contact you directly.
Keep reading below for a detailed guide on how to hide Snapchat scores or points.
Snapchat Score is a scoring system that Snapchat uses to determine how active and popular your Snapchat profile is. This is done by calculating the snaps sent and received, snap frequency, and a lot more.
The idea behind Snapchat Score is to motivate people to engage with other users on Snapchat and make their accounts more engaging.
But some people, for some reason, may like to hide it altogether or from a specific person.
If that’s your case, here’s how to hide your Snapchat scores from your profile.
How to hide Snapchat score?
How to hide your Snapchat scores from your friends?
The only way to hide your Snapchat score from your friends is to remove them from your friend list. If you are good with that, you can follow the steps below.
Moreover, once you complete the below-mentioned steps, you have to tweak a few options to set your profile privacy to friends only. You can find out how to do that in the following steps.
- Go to your profile at the top right corner on your Snapchat app.
- Under the friend section, tap “My Friends” and long-press the one you want to hide the Snapchat score. Do remember that, this method will remove them from your friend list too.
- On the following popup tap “Manage Friendship” and then tap “Remove Friend”.
- Now, again tap “Remove” to confirm the deletion.
Once your friend has been removed from your friend list, they technically become an unknown person or stranger to your Snapchat account. So to prevent them from viewing your Snapchat scores, you have to change a few options.
Let’s see how to do it.
How to hide Snapchat scores from unknown people?
After you remove someone from your friend list, they might still be able to see your Snapchat score if the privacy setting is set to “Everyone”. To change that, you can follow the steps below.
And also, this will prevent strangers and unknown people from viewing your Snapchat score.
- Open the Snapchat app and tap your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Then tap “Settings”.
- On the following page, find and tap “Contact Me”. You can find that under “Privacy Control“.
- You should either select “Friends” or “Friends and Contacts”. But it is recommended to choose friends.
By selecting either of the options, you only give permission for the selected one to view and contact you directly. This includes Snaps, calls, chats, and most importantly Snapchat scores.
People who fall under the selected settings must first send you a request and if you accept them, they can start chatting with you and view your Snapchat score.
Frequently Asked Questions about hiding the Snapchat scores
How is the Snapchat score calculated?
Snapchat score is calculated based on various factors such as the number of snaps you sent and received, the stories you post, and more. As of now, Snapchat only reveals these factors that influence your Snapchat score.
Apart from that, there are a number of things under the hood that come into play while determining the score.
Can you hide someone’s Snapchat score?
No, you can’t hide someone’s Snapchat scores.
How to stop Snapchat scores from going up or increasing?
To prevent Snapchat scores from going up or increasing, you have to stop posting stories and sending snaps. Instead, you can send them texts because text chat doesn’t count towards Snapchat scores.
How to stop Snapchat score from updating
There is no way to stop Snapchat scores from updating but you can stop using the metrics that influence the score such as snaps. You can talk to the person using text chat instead of snaps.
This is how you can hide your Snapchat scores. Unfornutaly, Snapchat doesn’t provide an option to hide your Snapchat score from your friends. The only possible way to achieve it is by removing them from your friend list and changing the “contact me” option to “Friends” under privacy options.
This article covers all of them in detail. If you have any doubts. feel free to ask me in the comments below.