What you should know
- To tag a company on LinkedIn: Type “@” followed by the company name and pick the company you want to tag from the list.
- The tagged company will receive a notification and if they want, they can remove the tag without you getting notified.
For a detailed guide on LinkedIn tags and mentions, keep reading below.
Linkedin is one of the best social media platforms dedicated to professionals which helps them to get more clients, hire someone, or get hired by companies.
With Linkedin, you can write and publish a post on your favorite topic. And the cool part is that you can tag someone or even companies’ profiles that are related to the topic.
This opens up a vast amount of opportunities for your professional carrier. Tagging can also be a great way to share your knowledge with people or companies who are interested in what you are doing. It shows that you are interested in similar topics and that you have something interesting to share with them.
Especially tagging a company or organization can help your profile get noticed by them. But some people get stuck to do so because they don’t know exactly know how to tag companies on the Linkedin post.
Don’t worry! In this article, I will show a simple yet detailed guide to help you tag people, companies, or organizations on Linkedin.
Before getting into the step-by-step process, there are a few things that you should know about Linkedin tagging and mentions.
- People who disabled the visibility of tags and mentions will not be displayed when trying to tag them.
- Tagged people can remove them without you getting notified.
- You can always tag someone after posting by editing the post.
How to tag people, companies, or organizations on LinkedIn?
- Go to LinkedIn.com and log in with your credentials. Start writing a post by clicking “Start a post”.
- Type “@” and the name of the person or company you want to tag. A list will be displayed based on the name you type in. So click the one you want to tag on the list.
- Once tagged, the name will be changed to bold letters to help you understand that it is a tagged name.
After publishing the post, whoever tagged in will receive a notification regarding your post.
If they want to remove themself from your tagged post, they can simply do that with a few clicks and you will not be notified of the removal.
The LinkedIn app also contains pretty much a similar process of tagging someone.
How to prevent others from tagging you in their post?
- On your LinkedIn homepage, click your profile pic mentioning “Me” in the top right corner and click “Settings & Privacy” under the account section. This opens up your profile settings page to tweak some options for your profile including tags and mentions.
- Click “Visibility” on the left sidebar to open the window dedicated to the visibility options. Click “Mentions or Tags” under the “visibility of your LinkedIn activity” section.
- Switch the toggle to off next to “Allow mentions”.
With these steps, you can stay untagged from other people’s posts. However, do keep in mind that, the already mentioned posts will remain mentioned and you can only remove that one by one manually.
What happens when you tag a company on LinkedIn?
The tagged company will receive a notification regarding the tag and the post may be shared with the tagged company’s network.
Can you tag companies on LinkedIn?
Yes, you can tag companies, businesses, and organizations on LinkedIn.
Why can’t I tag a business on LinkedIn?
If you can’t tag a business, that business probably doesn’t have sufficient followers and traffic to get shown on the tag list.
Can you tag a group on LinkedIn?
You can only tag a group on LinkedIn chats and conversations. Tagging them on the post is currently not possible.