What you should know
- To unpin someone on Snapchat, long press the chat you want to unpin and tap “Chat Settings“. On the next page, tap “Unpin Conversation“.
- Pinning and unpinning is only available on iOS devices. Android, at present, doesn’t have the feature.
- “Pin a chat as your No.1 BFF” might be a similar feature available on both iOS and Android, but it requires a paid plan called “Snapchat +”.
For a detailed guide with screenshots, keep reading below.
Snapchat is one of the best social media apps for sharing your photos in a more fun way. The app keeps getting updated with the new features and the recent update for iOS lets you pin and unpin conversations. This makes it easy for the users to access the chat with the person they care about or often talk to.
Unfortunately, this only works on iOS at present and the Andriod will get the update sometime later.
While pinning is a great option to stick your friend’s conversation at the top of the other chats, it’s restricted to only three people.
This makes it mandatory to remove the already pinned chats to make room for the others.
So, In this article, I will be showing you how to unpin someone on Snapchat.
Related: What is Quick Add on Snapchat?
How to unpin someone on Snapchat?
Removing someone from the pinned conversion is really simple. follow the steps below to unpin someone on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app
- Go to the chats section by tapping the “Chat” at the bottom bar.
- Long press the chat you want to unpin and tap “Chat Settings“.
- Now, tap “Unpin Conversation“.
How to change the Snapchat pin (📌) icon?
The Snapchat pinned icon can be changed to any emoji you like.
This makes it fun playing with Snapchat, isn’t it?
- On the Snapchat app, tap your “Profile icon” on the top left screen.
- On the following profile page, tap “Settings” and then tap “Manage” under additional services.
- Go to “Friend Emojis” and tap “Pinned Conversation“. It can be found at the very last of the section.
- Now select the emoji you want the icon 📌 to be changed.
Related: How to Change Bitmoji Gender on Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions about unpinning someone on Snapchat
How to unpin someone on Snapchat if they blocked you?
You can’t unpin anyone on Snapchat if they blocked you, but instead, you can delete the whole conversation which in turn removes the chat from the pined section. To do it, just tap the little x mark near the chat and tap “Clear Conversation“.
How to pin and unpin someone on Snapchat on Android?
Currently, the pinning feature is not available on Android devices. But Snapchat might add it in future updates.
Unpinning someone on Snapchat is pretty much similar to pinning someone. Just the options will differ depending on the various scarious such as pining or unpinning.