What you should know
- A yellow heart on Snapchat means you and your friend are the no.1 best friend with each other by sending the most snaps.
- Snapchat calls these emojis “Friend emojis”.
- Apart from the yellow heart, there are a few more friend emojis that you need to know.
- You can also change them all to anything that you like.
For a detailed guide on Snapchat emoji and mainly what does the yellow heart mean on Snapchat? Keep reading below.
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms with over 347 million active users (According to Statista) and growing. Over the years, Snapchat kept adding features that helps the platform to compete with other social media giants.
However, some features are unique to Snapchat, and sometimes, those features are hard for people to understand. One of them is Snapchat emojis.
When chatting with a friend, Snapchat automatically places different kinds of emojis next to your friend’s name depending on your behavior with that friend. Snapchat calls it friend emoji and has a total of 9 emojis.
Let’s see them all including the yellow heart.
Snapchat friend emojis and meaning
A yellow heart means that you and the other person are the no.1 best friend with each other. You both guys must have sent the most snaps with each other.
You have been the No.1 best friend with that person for two weeks in a row.
You have been best friends with that person for two months in a row.
Smiling face with smiling eyes
This emoji means the person is one of the best friends
Your friend has a mutual friend in common as the no.1 best friend. It means that their no.1 best friend is also yours.
Smiling face with sunglass
Your friend has a mutual friend in common as a best friend (don't get confused with the no.1 best friend). It means that one of their best friends is also yours.
Your friend has a birthday
You and your friend is continuely snapping every day.
Snapstreak is ending
As the name suggests, the Snapstreak is ending. You and your friend should send snaps with each other within 24 hours to stay on streak.
You might like: What is Quick Add on Snapchat?
Snapchat loves Zodiac! And the platform wants you to love it as well. Just kidding!
If you’re someone who is into Zodiac and its sign, then you can easily get familiar with these terms.
With each friend’s birthday, Snapchat shows their Zodiac sign next to their name.
Below are the dates and their Zodiac signs.
- ♈ Aries (March 21 – April 19)
- ♉Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
- ♊ Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
- ♋ Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
- ♌ Leo (July 23 – Aug 22)
- ♍ Virgo (Aug 23 – Sept 22)
- ♎ Libra (Sept 23 – Oct 22)
- ♏ Scorpio (Oct 23 – Nov 21)
- ♐ Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21)
- ♑ Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19)
- ♒ Aquarius (Jan 20 – Feb 18)
- ♓ Pisces (Feb 19 – Mar 20)
How to change friend emojis?
While Snapchat has pre-set emojis, you can actually change them to anything that you like.
Here’s how to do it.
- On the Snapchat app, tap your profile icon and then tap “Settings“.
- On the following page, tap “Customize Emojis” under the “Privacy Control” section.
- Now, you can customize the emoji of your choice. Just tap the one you want to change and choose one over the hundred emojis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get a yellow heart on Snapchat by chatting?
To get a yellow heart, you and your best friend must be the No.1 best friend with each other. You can get to that level by sending the most snaps.
What does red heart ❤️ mean on Snapchat?
You have been the No.1 best friend of that person for two weeks in a row.
What does 😎 mean on Snapchat?
Your friend has a mutual friend in common with you. This means that your friend’s other best friend is also yours.
What comes after a yellow heart 💛 on Snapchat?
The red heart ❤️comes after the yellow heart. This means you are their No.1 best friend for two weeks in a row.